Wednesday, April 22, 2009

nerd night/ bowling craziness!!!

ok to start off with I am a nerd… most of you know this but I have to decided to write about it and explain a little about it… everyone knows about my love of batman, and bowling… if I could bowl everyday I would be perfectly ok with it! in fact ive thought about doing just that... going after work and pickin different lanes around town and just bowl a game or 2... how sweet would that be!? well before i get to into the bowling part of this blog lets talk about my deep dark secret ive been keeping... the true nerd side of me...

well every Tuesday is nerd night me and a bunch of guys (who will remain nameless to protect the innocent lol) started getting together… at first it started of simple and innocent… football… well then football ended and we needed somethin else to do… so we started dapping into playing magic... man was that fun... we ended up moving from mondays to tuesdays which then became nerd night... we were really pretty happy playin magic, we even went as far as to make edh decks, and had a draft/tourney when the new set came out.... awe the innocent days... it was all fine and dandy til one night one of the nameless guys (cough chris cough) said hey we have enough peeps we should play DnD (dungeons and dragons for you nerdless ones) and thats where we went down hill... well me anyway since all them played from when they were little... and i have to admit... i really really like playing its neat to have to pretend to be that character and to have to do things you never in real life could do... so here i am confessing to you all now... i am a Nerd.

now I can go back to my bowling rant… well last night I had to leave nerd night cause I got a phone call that some people from my Wednesday night bowling team needed a bowler to cover one that dropped in the tourney they entered… it was already paid all i had to do was pay parking show up... I dont know what came over me but i went and let me tell you talk about intense! Wow… after almost fainting and being totally overwhelmed I did it… it was a 5 man team and I bowled with some of the greatest people ever… the tourney started the end of feb and goes to july so we don’t know how we did... we know we didnt win but we did average if not a little bit better then average... i didnt bowl very good (406 series) but i learned and experienced so much more then i ever expected! one of the gentlemen on the team owns a bowling alley down in mississippi and he gave me some really good comments and he also gave me some even better advice to help my game... i could go all into it on here but its hard to explain esp with all the bowling lingo but ill be more then willing to tell you about it in person if you want! but this experience made me think and i liked the way it made me feel to be out there and that i might start gettin a little more serious and maybe entering some tourneys for myself! i loved it and im really proud of myself...

1 comment: